Pages

Monday, March 21, 2016

GRIME SPREE by Marji Laine

Brittany McEuen reviews Grime Spree by Marji Laine.

Here's the Short Version:

Shadows from her past have haunted Dani’s dreams for months. Now, however, the ghosts are real and bringing a trail of death and destruction.

What begins as a romantic evening, the first in far too long, collapses into yet another crime scene. However, this one has someone involved who is familiar to Dani. Too familiar. And worse, he recognizes her.

Jay’s new promotion has increased his working hours considerably, as well as interrupted and cancelled more than one date with Dani. His attempt to make it up to her at one of the nicest restaurants in the area backfires when the place is robbed.

But the biggest problem is that Dani seems to be in on the crime.

My Review:

Grime Spree is a great addition to the Grime Fighters series! I am really enjoying the way the author is slowly peeling away the veneer that the main character, Dani, has put in place as a necessity because of her involvement  in the witness protection program. I could feel Dani’s fear and uncertainty about the steps she needed to take when her identity became compromised! Weighing what to keep hidden and what to reveal to try to save someone she has come to care deeply for made for an extremely emotional journey.

And Jay…watching the painful and difficult decisions and situations he had to go through just raised his estimation in my eyes! I already liked him from the earlier two books, but this one sealed the deal. This story put him through the paces emotionally and physically and he definitely came out an even stronger man by the end.

I had such a great time reading Grime Spree and am really enjoying the continuing growth of Dani and Jay’s relationship, as well as watching them navigate the dangerous and exciting situations that
they find themselves in. I am on tenterhooks waiting for the next story to release!

About Reviewer Brittany McEuen:

I am a busy homeschooling mom to four children, ranging from kindergarten to high school. I’m happily married to my high school sweetheart and am an avid reader and book reviewer. I feature book reviews, giveaways, and occasional author interviews on my blog, Britt Reads Fiction. You can also connect with me on Pinterest and Goodreads.

3 comments:

  1. Brittany, thank you for your great review. This series sounds intriguing! I'll be looking into reading them soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting, Caryl! I hope you will enjoy them just as much as I do.

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for stopping by, Caryl! Brittany, thanks so much for your review! You made my day! I'm so pleased you enjoyed GRIME SPREE!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts! Your comment will show up soon!