Pages

Monday, November 23, 2015

THE INN AT OCEAN'S EDGE by Colleen Coble

Sandra Ardoin reviews The Inn at Ocean's Edge by Colleen Coble

The Short Version:

Claire Dellamare arrives at the Hotel Tourmaline on the island of Folly Shoals, Maine, expecting to put the final touches to a business deal. What she doesn’t expect is to be hit with images and odd memories she’s never experienced before. Nor does she expect to be dropped into the middle of murder—both past and present.

Luke Rocco, a member of the Coast Guard, returns home to discover his sister has received a job offer that will take her across the country and leave him to care for their fractious father. And he can’t afford to fall for the rich and beautiful Claire. They come from two different worlds.

When Claire witnesses a murder, Luke comes to her aid, taking sides against his law enforcement friends. The more they dig into what happened, the greater the danger to Claire, and the bigger the likelihood that her past is linked to the disappearance of Luke’s mother twenty-five years earlier.

Sandra's Take:

I’ve read a number of Colleen Coble’s romantic suspense novels. In my opinion, this is the best in quite a while. It kept me guessing, thinking I had the answer, but never really sure until I reached the climax. The spiritual thread was fairly thin, but that’s pretty typical for romantic suspense. I did have an issue with a certain aspect the climax. I won’t give details for fear I’ll spoil something, but it did stretch my ability to believe a little too tightly. Otherwise, I thoroughly enjoyed this book from the prologue through the epilogue. I so hope Ms. Coble will give Kate her “happy ever after” in the future.

If you’re a Colleen Coble fan, I don’t think you’ll be disappointed in The Inn at Ocean’s Edge!

About the Reviewer:

Sandra Ardoin writes inspirational historical romance. She’s the author of The Yuletide Angel and A Reluctant Melody. A wife and mom, she’s also a reader, football fan, NASCAR watcher, garden planter, country music listener, antique store prowler. Visit her at www.sandraardoin.com and on the Seriously Write blog. Connect with her on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Goodreads, and Pinterest. Become a part of her newsletter community and receive a free short story.

5 comments:

  1. I love Colleen Coble, and yep...this sounds like a winner. Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Colleen Coble, and yep...this sounds like a winner. Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Sandra. Sorry I noticed your review so late. This book sounds right up my alley when it comes to the basic plot, the setting and the characters. Thanks for sharing your review. Sounds like a book that belongs on my TBR list. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sybil, I am so far behind, I'm just now seeing your comment, so no worries! :) Most of the time, I've found I can't go wrong with Colleen Coble.

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts! Your comment will show up soon!