Pages

Monday, November 2, 2015

DANGEROUS TIDINGS by Dana Mentink


Marji Laine reviews Dangerous Tidings by Dana Mentink.

Short Version: (a la back cover)

SEARCHING FOR THE TRUTH

Coast Guard rescue swimmer Brent Mitchell wants only one gift for Christmas: to find his sister. When he discovers that her disappearance is tangled with the death of private eye Bruce Gallagher, he joins forces with Bruce's daughter Donna to investigate. Grieving Donna is as tough as the determined military man…and both will stop at nothing to find the truth. But the duo soon discovers that a murdered father and a missing sister merely top a looming pyramid of secrets on Coronado Island. Deadly secrets. These unlikely partners have vowed to stick together until their most important case is closed—but they may pay with their lives.

My Take:

I’m so glad I was given a free copy of Dangerous Tidings from Dana Mentink in exchange for an honest review. I enjoyed hours of edge-of-my-seat time! From the beginning tension with creaking floorboards and eerie shadows, the hair on the back of my neck stood on end.

And horror of horrors when the hands shot out and grabbed Donna Gallagher. I struggled with a fear of that type of thing all through childhood, leaping onto my bed because I was afraid someone would reach out from under it.

But the author doesn’t stop with forcing me to face my childhood nightmares. The suspense mounts as questions breed more questions, and the sources of the answers further more threats. This story had my thoughts wound up so tight, I might as well have been playing a game of Twister.

I loved the ending! I won’t give it away, but it was exactly perfect. And I loved the fact that the hero was a Coastie! There aren’t so very many novels with heroes from that branch of our military, but what an amazing job they do!

But I’ll tell you my favorite thing in this story. The family! I’m delighted that the “Pacific Coast Private Eyes” series is sub-named “Sisters Fighting Crime.” I’m looking forward to reading stories from all of the delightful characters!

About the Senior Reviewer:

Suspense Sister, Marji Laine, loves books and writing. Her own Grime Fighter novella series, about a crime scene cleaner, involves mystery, romance, and a touch of suspense.

Living in a Dallas suburb with her hubby of almost 30 years and her twins - the youngest of four - she spends her days homeschooling and transporting her teenagers to various functions, especially volleyball games. She also directs the children's music, helps with the youth choir, and sings in the adult choir at her church, and coordinates the high school credit classes along with the website of a large home school co-op.

Join her at MarjiLaine.com or follow her on Facebook, Twitter, or visit her Amazon author page.

6 comments:

  1. So glad you enjoyed it! Thanks very much for taking the time to review it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like another one to add to the stack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. And YOU know what you're talking about, Iola! LOL! But this one was outstanding! Hope you get the chance to enjoy it!

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts! Your comment will show up soon!