Pages

Monday, October 5, 2015

SUBMERGED by Elizabeth Goddard

Marji Laine reviews:

Submerged, by Elizabeth Goddard follows in the excellence shown in the first three stories of the Mountain Cove series, published by Love Inspired Suspense.

Back Cover Premise:

IN TOO DEEP

With Christmas just around the corner, Cobie MacBride wants closure in the case of her missing father. But when a visit to the last place he was seen leads to an attack by a masked assailant, Cobie knows she's in over her head. Running for her life, she never expected to find safety with Adam Warren—the man she blames for her brother's death. Seeking answers leads them to a treasure ship, buried secrets…and deadly danger. Christmas could find them starting a new future—if they can avoid getting trapped in the perils of the past.

MOUNTAIN COVE: In the Alaskan wilderness, love and danger collide

My Take:

To say I enjoyed Submerged is the epitome of understatment. This story took me by surprise over and over again. I love the way Elizabeth Goddard paces her books. She has a rhythm as natural as breathing.

Cobie and Adam show intense sparks, suppressed at their first "on camera" meet up. Their troubled past association is revealed slowly, and it seems to effectively doom any future they might have together. And yet, Adam can't leave her to defend herself alone against someone who has murderous intention. With each attack on Cobie's life worsening, the futility of any blossoming romance is the least of their worries.

The lingering pain would destroy a relationship before it began, anyway.

Oh, and believe me, the relationship between these two is every bit as intriguing as the twisted mystery and suspense that surrounds their new interaction! Well worth the sleepless night I took to finish it!

About the Senior Reviewer:

Suspense Sister, Marji Laine, loves books and writing. Her own Grime Fighter novella series, about a crime scene cleaner, involves mystery, romance, and a touch of suspense. 

Living in a Dallas suburb with her hubby of almost 30 years and her twins - the youngest of four - she spends her days homeschooling and transporting her teenagers to various functions, especially volleyball games. She also directs the children's music, helps with the youth choir, and sings in the adult choir at her church, and coordinates the high school credit classes along with the website of a large home school co-op. 

Join her at MarjiLaine.com or follow her on Facebook, Twitter, or visit her Amazon author page.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like my kind of read, Marji. Thanks for sharing your delightful review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marji! I stumbled upon this blog searching for new book suggestions. This is great. I really appreciate the suggestion! This review has swayed me. I’ll have to check out Submerged. Thanks!

    I wanted to pass along one my pastor recommended to me. It’s the #1 bestseller on religious fiction, so maybe you’ve already heard of it. But I can’t stop thinking about. It’s a fantastic collection of short stories. It’s called Pieces Like Pottery. I really can’t recommend it enough. I would love to see your review of it at some point! http://tinyurl.com/ozaybjm

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts! Your comment will show up soon!